Fa La La La La – The Sounds of Christmas (Part 2)
By: Brenda Grembowski
One of my favorite parts of reading the Advent Devotionals is that I get to know some members of our congregation better. I enjoy reading the stories of family traditions, learning how others take time to reflect during this busy time, and what folks love about the holidays.
In that spirit, I am sharing with you my top five favorite sounds of Christmas and why:
- Silent Night / Performed by our Haymarket Church family by candlelight on Christmas Eve (This is my favorite Christmas song, and I truly love this tradition at our church.)
- Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town / Performed by Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band (If you want to be “taken to church” on a magical musical ride, attend a Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band concert and witness the 3-hour ministry of Rock & Roll at its finest. You will BELIEVE! Yes, I am a huge BOSS fan! 😊)
- O Holy Night / Performed by Josh Groban (I love the song, and think Josh Groban is one of the best singers of all time.)
- Mary, Did You Know? / Performed by Pentatonix (The lyrics are powerful, especially to a mom, and the acapella talent is amazing.)
- White Christmas / Performed by Michael Bublé (It’s a great nostalgic song and Bublé is a great person/entertainer.)
What are your favorite Christmas songs and why? This question will be posted on the Haymarket Facebook page today! We would love to hear from you so that we can all share the sounds of Christmas together.
I pray that everyone finds time to enjoy the sounds of the season, hears a song that fills their heart with joy and makes them feel like a child again in anticipation of Christmas morn. Amen
Looking for previous entries?
Find our ’22 Advent devotional archive online. haymarketchurch.org/advent