Easter At Haymarket ChurchHoly Week and Easter Information
Celebrate the Ressurection with Haymarket Church. On Sunday, April 9 we will have three different Easter worship services.
- 6:30 AM Outdoors on the playground at Haymarket Elementary we will have our Sunrise Service
- 9:00 AM Online via our website, YouTube, and Facebook we will broadcast our virtual service
- 10:00 AM at Haymarket Elementary School we will celebrate Easter together indoors (this service will be livestreamed)
Holy Week Worship
Easter is the central Christian holiday – a day when we tell the story of the resurrection of Jesus Christ and celebrate the Good News that even death cannot stop the power of God’s love. On Sunday, April 9, you are invited to celebrate Easter in these ways:
Sunrise Service: Outdoors at Haymarket Elementary School, 6:30 AM. A simple service welcoming Easter morning by celebrating the Good News of the resurrection.
Virtual Easter Service: Celebrate Easter online at 9:00 AM.
In-Person Easter Service: Celebrate Easter in-person at Haymarket Elementary School at 10:00 AM.
This service will also be livestreamed.
Visiting Haymarket Church on Easter?
Here are a few things you might find helpful if you are a new or returning visitor to Haymarket Church.
- Our 9 AM online worship service can be found in 3 places: website, YouTube, & Facebook. The service will be the same in all places but the user experience may be different.
- Our 10 AM in-person worship service will take place at Haymarket Elementary School (15500 Learning Lane, Haymarket).
- Weather permitting (as long as it doesn’t rain) our sunrise worship service will be held outdoors – we will gather at 6:30 AM to celebrate the resurrection as the sun rises – just as the first disciples did.
- Our sunrise worship service is BYOC (bring your own chair). If you plan on attending and want to sit, make sure you bring something to sit on!
- A nursery is available for children up to 3 years old during our 10 AM service. Children are also welcome to stay with their families.
- At the 10:00 AM service, Kids are invited to participate in Kids’ ministry – heading back to our kids’ ministry area about halfway through worship. This is an opportunity to engage with the story of Easter in a way that’s specifically designed for them. They will return to our worship space to receive communion. Children are also welcome to remain in our worship space with their families.
- Outdoor and indoor worship will include communion – this is a meal at which Jesus is the host, and all people are welcome. You do not need to be a member of Haymarket Church or of any other church to participate – all are welcome.
- Wear whatever works for you. Worship at Haymarket Church is usually pretty casual, but some folks get dressed up for Easter, and you will definitely see people wearing some “fancier” clothes. (Our pastor will be wearing jeans, a tie, and his “preaching sneakers.”) But there will also be people wearing more casual clothes. Whatever feels right for you is great!
- Masks are optional in our worship space but we doo have a reserved “masks required” seating section. While folks who are wearing mask can sit anywhere in our worship space, only folks who are wearing masks can sit in our “masks required” section. We provide this section as a way of caring for those who are more at risk.
We look forward to celebrating Easter with you!
Easter Sunday Worship
Find the 2023 Easter Sunday worship services here. One service was prepared for our virtual congregation, the other was livestreamed.
Pastor Rev. Brian W. Johnson
Good Friday Worship
A Good Friday service of reflection.
Scriptures: Isaiah 52:13-53:12; Matthew 26:36-27:54
Pastor Rev. Brian W. Johnson
Maundy Thursday Worship
A joint worship service with Grace UMC, St. Thomas UMC, & Haymarket Church.
Ash Wednesday Worship
You are invited to seek God and begin the holy season of Lent by participating in our online Ash Wednesday worship service.
This service was prepared for our virtual congregation and was prerecorded. Press the Play button to begin the service.
Holy Week Schedule
Holy Week is the week when we tell the most important part of the Christian story - the story of the death and resurrection of Jesus. Our schedule for Holy Week is:
Palm Sunday (April 2): Sunday morning worship, in-person at Haymarket Elementary School (10 AM) or online (9 AM and 10 AM).
Maundy Thursday (April 6): 7:30 PM at Grace United Methodist Church (9750 Wellington Rd, Manassas, VA 20110). Worship Service with Grace United Methodist Church (Manassas, VA). A communion service with reflections on Jesus washing his disciples' feet, the Last Supper, and Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. This worship service will also be available online.
Good Friday (April 7): 7:30 PM at the Haymarket Church Ministry Center (15000 Washington Street, Suite 206, Haymarket, VA 20169) This worship service focuses on Scripture readings and songs, as darkness gathers and we tell the story of the cross. There will also be an online Good Friday worship service. Online worship will be available at 6:00 PM.