Week 5: “Family Reunion” Week
This week, take some time to enjoy the things you might do if you were at a family reunion.
Suggestions for Fun this Week
- Call your extended family (aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, nephews, nieces, etc.) on the phone or via a video call.
- Cook a family favorite food (grandma’s famous mac and cheese or your uncle’s famous cake) and share stories about eating it together
- Make a photo album of some of your favorite pictures. This can be done with physical photos OR using a digital service (like Shutterfly) to print out a photo book using your digital photos.
- Make a family tree (see below).
- Write letters to family and friends.
- “Adopt” a neighbor or friend as a member of your family. Make a family favorite recipe for them, or send them a gift, or find something else nice that you can do, just because.
- Tell each other stories about your family and take time to remember the good moments that family has given you.
- Use a cookbook that you haven’t used in a while and find a new recipe for at least one of your meals this week.
Make a family tree! Draw a tree (or make one out of construction paper. Draw your family on it. Try to remember all the aunts, uncles, cousins, etc., that you can. For bonus points, draw pictures of them!
This Week’s Bible Story – COMING SOON
Check back for this week’s Bible Story soon!
Neighborhood Prayer Focus
This week, we ask that everyone at Haymarket Church be in prayer for the residents of the United States (beyond Virginia). Pray that the people who live in this nation would would thrive, that they would grow in faith, that they would have thriving relationships and healthy lives. Pray for our church to positively impact our nation – through service, mission giving, online communications (since we can reach people anywhere) and more. Pray for our nation to be a place of justice, thriving, peace, and reconciliation. Pray for hostility to cease, for people to work for positive change, and for justice to reign!