Week 1: Camping Week
This week, take some time to enjoy the things you might do if you were camping.
Suggestions for Fun this Week
- Set up a tent in the back yard or the living room and go camping.
- Make a fire in your backyard or driveway (safely, of course!) and cook your dinner on it. Have hotdogs and s’mores.
- Go for a hike on a local trail.
- Find a local pond and go fishing.
- Go find a nice quiet spot outside and read in the shade.
- Lay on the grass and take a nap.
- Watch a sunrise or a sunset.
- Stay up late and go stargazing.
“Craft” Suggestion – Pastor Brian’s Family Recipe Trail Mix
Trail mix is a camping essential. Here’s a simple recipe that you can make from home.
1 Box Crispix
1 Box Wheat Chex
1/2 large bag pretzels
1/3 box of Cheezits
1/2 bag of bagel chips
1/2 stick of butter
Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- preheat oven to 225 degrees
- cover the bottom of a large roasting pan (like one you’d use to cook a turkey) in a layer of cheerios
- pour in the remaining dry ingredients
- melt the butter and pour it over the mixture
- sprinkle Lawry’s seasoned salt over the mixture
- stir together
- place roasting pan in oven for 2 hours, removing every 20-25 minutes to stir, add additional salt if desired
Turning Chex Mix into Trail Mix
Once the chex mix cools, use it as a base for your favorite trail mix add-ons. Add nuts, chocolate chips, marshmallows, dried fruit, etc. Enjoy!
Here’s a video of Pastor Brian preparing this simple and delicious treat
This Week’s Bible Story
Neighborhood Prayer Focus
This week, we ask that everyone at Haymarket Church be in prayer for the residents of the Town of Haymarket and Dominion Valley. Pray that they would thrive, that they would grow in faith, that they would have thriving relationships and healthy lives. Pray also that our church would be a positive influence on them, that we will be able to share God’s story with them, and reach them with the story of God’s amazing love in Jesus Christ.