Haymarket Church – Haymarket, VA 20169
$15 an hour
The purpose of this position is to provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children of Haymarket Church (ages 0-4), weekly during the Sunday morning 10 AM worship service. The position is also to provide care for the children of our volunteers or staff (all ages) during the setup time before the
service. The responsibilities and qualifications include:
- Provide age-appropriate care which includes feeding (snack), changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment (including for children with food allergies), holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play, and prayer.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous and seek to develop good trusting relationships with all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Teach children that their church loves them by extending a loving presence to them while they are at church.
- Childcare hours include Sundays, 8:30 -11:30 AM (including holidays). You may have the option to work at other church events, i.e. Ash Wednesday, Holy Week, Christmas Eve, Vacation Bible School, etc. The opportunity for extra work will be announced at least 4 weeks prior.
- Must be flexible to help in one of the other Sunday School classes if needed.
- Setup and cleanup of the nursery each Sunday, including sanitizing toys that were used.
- Follow all guidelines in the Haymarket Church Safe Sanctuary Policy.
- Good hand washing and sanitation should always be used.
- Must have a good basic knowledge of first aid procedures (a first aid kit is supplied).
- Current certification in child and infant CPR is preferred.
- Ensure that children are released only to their parent or guardian.
- Experience in caring for children with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
- Must be dependable.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must follow the masking policies of the church.
- Satisfactory completion of Safe Sanctuary training and background check is required.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15 /hour
Working days: Sunday
Hours per week: 3 hours guaranteed
If you are interested in this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.