Serve Our City WeekAn at-home mission week for students
Service is an imporant value of Haymarket Church. This year for our youth mission week we will serve right here in our backyard with several of the Haymarket Church Community Partners!
This summer our Haymarket Church youth will serve with our community partners for our Serve Our City week. We will meet at a different location each day July 12-16. Most days we will serve from 10:00 AM-2:00 PM. Our schedule is different on Tuesday.
Students should plan to pack a peanut-free lunch and water bottle for each day.
Some of our projects are outdoors and others are indoors. Students who are not vaccinated should plan to wear masks. All students and leaders will need to have masks on Thursday when we serve at Haymarket Elementary School. (PWCS policy.)
We are encouraging all students to participate in the full week of service, but understand that with an at-home mission week that can be more difficult. Please indicate which days your student(s) will participate.
Projects & Locations
Monday, July 12 from 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
Haymarket Church Kids Ministry
15000 Washington Street
Suite 206 (Above Town Hall)
Haymarket, VA 20169
Putting together kits and supplies for Vacation Bible School
Tuesday, July 13 from 10:30* AM- 2:00 PM
Note time change!
9323 West Street,
Manassas, VA, 20110
Preparing boxes of clothing for kids. Moving boxes. Cleaning.
Wednesday, July 14 from 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
St. Thomas UMC
Food Pantry & Storage Space
8899 Sudley Road
Manassas, VA 20110
Moving items out of storage for Haymarket Church. Food sorting. Cleaning.
(Indoor and Outdoor)
Thursday, July 15 from 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
Haymarket Elementary School
15500 Learning Ln,
Haymarket, VA 20169
Repainting Paws on the sidewalk. Yardwork.
Friday, July 16 from 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM
8170 Flannery Court
Manassas, VA 20109
Sorting of items. Cleaning.
Serve Our City Week FAQs
- We will serve in the morning/early afternoon for 5 days, July 12-16.
- Most days we will work from 10:00 AM- 2:00 PM. Tuesday we will begin at 10:30 AM
- We will serve at different locations throughout the week.
- Transportation to and from locations will be the responsibility of the student/family. If a student needs transportation, that should be indicated on the registration form. We can provide transportation for a limited number of participants. Those requiring transportation will meet and be returned to the Ministry Center (above Town Hall).
- Masks will be required for any unvaccinated students. Some locations may require masks when working indoors.
- All participants will need to have a mask on Thursday when we are working at Haymarket Elementary School.
- Lunch will be eaten together, outside with great distance each day, but must be brought from home.
- Students should bring a waterbottle every day.
- We will encourage students to participate in the entire week, but will allow students to drop in and out, as long as they have REGISTERED ahead of time.
- Registration is REQUIRED.
- There will be no cost to this week of service.
- This week of service is open to anyone who will have completed the 6th grade in 2021, regardless of participation in virtual or in-person youth group during the school year.
- The Haymarket Church Tweens Group will join the service on Thursday.