We are excited to announce Serve Our City Week– a week of local service projects for students. The pandemic has once again impacted our youth mission week, and we are unable to travel to North Carolina as planned. But we are REALLY excited to spend a week serving right here in Haymarket and in our greater community this summer the week of July 12-16. Serve Our City Week is designed for students currently in the 6th – 12th grade.
Serve Our City Week: July 12-16, 2021
Here is some quick information regarding our Serve Our City week. More details will follow in the weeks to come.
- We will serve in the morning/early afternoon for 5 days, July 12-16.
- We are working to line up projects that will be complete in the 10 AM-2 PM timeframe. (At this time, plan to block out 9-2, understanding that the time may vary depending on the projects, as we get projects secured we will know more about the timeframe.)
- We will serve at different locations throughout the week.
- Transportation to and from locations will be the responsibility of the student/family.
- Social distancing and masks will be required.
- Our numbers at each project will be limited based upon the distancing requirements of where we are serving as well as the restrictions of the state and of the Virginia Conference during the week of July 12-16. All students who sign up to serve will be able to participate, we just may be at different locations or in smaller groups depending on the restrictions required.
- Lunch will be eaten together, outside with great distance each day, but must be brought from home.
- Some projects will be indoors, though we will try to be outdoors as much as possible.
- We will encourage students to participate in the entire week, but will allow students to drop in and out, as long as they have REGISTERED ahead of time.
- Registration will be REQUIRED. We will need to know by June 1 if your student plans to participate and on which days. (We will open registration after Easter.)
- There will be no cost to this week of service, though we will ask for an optional donation to cover some of the supplies needed.
- This week of service is open to anyone who will have completed the 6th grade in 2021, regardless of participation in virtual or in-person youth group during the school year.
If your student(s) is(are) interested in participating in the Serve Our City week, please take a moment and fill out this quick INTEREST form. Knowing how many students are interested in participating will help us plan projects and account for distancing/spacing requirements. We will open a more formal registration process in a few weeks. https://www.cognitoforms.com/Hay…/ServeOurCityINTERESTForm