Haymarket Church Youth Group
A place for students in 6-12th grade
Haymarket Church’s youth ministry serves students in grades 6-12. Being a teenager is difficult. Being a faithful teenager in today’s world is even more so. At Haymarket Church we work to provide a safe space for our teens to be themselves while experiencing and learning about God’s great faithfulness. We have outstanding adult leaders and a fabulous group of students. If you are in 6-12th grade or know someone who is, be sure to check Youth Group out!
As we continue to walk through life in a pandemic, we are opperating under the mantra of FLEXIBILITY. This fall we will hold youth group OUTDOORS each week. We will meet from 6:00-7:30 PM every Sunday from September 12-October 24 outside at Haymarket Elementary School. (We will not meet on Halloween October 31).
At this time our plan is to move INDOORS in our Ministry Center space above Town Hall starting November 7 due to the time-change and preparing for winter weather. The ministry center will also be our RAIN PLAN in September and October. If we decide to move indoors during September/October we will send a text at 4 PM.
Communication about youth group will come in these forms:
- Text Message: (to get on our youth parents text message list, simply text the word Youth to the number 571-475-8055. That will allow you to opt into Haymarket Church Youth text messages.
- Youth Parents Facebook Group: this is a private group for youth parents. You can request to join by visiting facebook.com/groups/haymarketchurchyouth
- Youth Group Instagram: we post to the youth group instagram account (@youthontheroof) to keep students and families updated on what is coming as well as what is going on during our youth group events.
- Email: You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org
In-Person Youth Group
Youth Group will take place in person and outdoors in Sepember and October.
During youth group we will play socially distanced games, hang out, have small group time, and celebrate the fact that after so much time apart, that we may now be in person together again.
At this time we will NOT eat dinner on Sundays or travel on road trips in vehicles. We do NOT have access to bathrooms when at Haymarket Elementary School for outdoor youth group.
Students and leaders who are vaccinated do not have to wear a face covering during outdoor youth group. We do ask that all participants bring a face covering so that while in close contact during small group time we can be as safe as possible for all participants. We are following CDC guideance for indoor masking. They currently reccomend masking indoors regardless of vaccination status. If youth group moves indoors to the ministry center due to weather, all participants will need to wear a face covering at this time.
All students will need to:
- bring their own chairs/blankets/seating
- bring a face covering for times when we are unable to social distance